Recently, I made the move from working at a large church to launching a life and leadership coaching business from my home. I have found that coaching is a great way to use my gifts of encouragement to help others achieve their best. I am loving it. I am energized by every coaching conversation I have. One of the things I love about coaching is operating a business out of my home. Here are my favorite things about it (in no particular order):
1. The 10 foot commute across the hall way from my bedroom to my office.
2. Having breakfast and lunch with my boys every day.
3. My officemate:
4. No feeling guilting about working late.
5. Higher productivity and effectiveness.
6. When I am tired of sitting at my desk, I can stretch out on the couch and still work from my laptop.
7. When my brain is clouded I can clear it with a walk in the neighborhood with the dog.
8. The coffee is always the way that I like it.
9. If there is a snowstorm, I don’t have to plow the driveway to get to work.
10. When I talk to myself, it’s only my family who thinks I am crazy.
Now, in a year, I might have a 10 least favorite things about working at home list…but I doubt it.
Thinking of making a career move? Give me a shout. I love to help people make those kinds of transitions.